Analytics

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mansion Project - Formal Dining Room

Hi everyone.  It's been a while since my last post, but I have continued to work on the mansion.  I have just finished some initial renderings of the formal dining room.  The formal dining room is situated centrally in the home, near the grand staircase and reception hall.  The dining room itself has its own reception area, separated from the dining room by a pair of large columns.  The large central fireplace is the focal point of the room, flanked by a set of arches, one of which leads to the hall of china and family kitchen, and the other to the morning room.  I have used a warm wood floor in this room, which complements the wall colour. 



The dining room will be serviced as well by the catering kitchen located on the lower level, which is accessed by the nearby east staircase and service elevator. 

The ceiling detail is yet to be completed, so stay tuned for details.  Specifications to follow.  I have included the chair to give an appreciation of the scale. 

Your thoughts are most welcomed!  As always, click the image for a larger view.

Jonathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad this project is not dead. I was getting worried. Btw this looks beautiful as always.

Moving Mansions said...

Instead of just an elevator, I'd consider at least one dumbwaiter if not two...depends on the size of the parties your considering would entertain on a home of this scale but I'd say you should anticipate serving dinners of up to 150.

Love the site, from one architect to another!

http://www.movingmansions.com